Thursday 16 May 2013

Heartfelt birthday wishes to my friend

Today I'm blogging about the card that I made for my friends birthday.

The front of the card is my interpretation of a bunch of balloons.  The glitter heart is raised on sticky pads to add dimension.  But inside.....

 I saw the die for this in the sale on the Sizzix website for a hugely reduced price, and I just couldn't resist it.  It does take a while to put together with much referring to instructions, which thankfully came with pictures!






As you can see this produces a 3D "sculpture" inside the card which did leave me a small corner for a sentiment.
I was really pleased with the way that this one turned out, especially the colours.  The floral paper was actually a small piece of leftover wrapping paper which I had been saving because I liked it so much.  All the dark purple came from one A4 piece of card.  So actually quite a thrifty card.



No comments:

Post a Comment