Tuesday 14 May 2013

A few Thank you cards

Well I've finally got the Thank you cards finished for my son's birthday presents.  And now that he has written them I can post them on here.

This first one I started at the last craft session.
I die cut two scalloped triangles from craft card and fixed together down one edge.  The triangular mat I embossed with the Chronology clocks folder and chalked the image in a light fawn colour.  The pocket watch is from the free stamps from the Do Crafts mag a while back, which has been layered on a dark green scalloped circle and then onto black card die cut with a frame borrowed from Ann at http://binifant.blogspot.co.uk/.   I raised this on sticky pads.
The sentiment is an old wooden backed stamp, stamped on the off cut of card from the pocket watch.  I inked the edge with a co-ordinating green ink, then layered onto the remaining piece of green card and raised it on sticky pads.


The second card I have to show you is very simple indeed.  I have used the stamp and die from a Do Crafts goody bag again, stamped in green and layered onto green card.  The mat is a sage green paper, cut with a deckle edge and inked in same green as the stamped image.  And, as ever, I couldn't resist putting some gems at the corners.


I have continued the theme, this time stamping in brown.  The mat is stamped with a Chronology stamp in the same brown ink.


The third card continues with the theme again in green.


I hope that these cards give you some idea of my style.  I like things simple, but with a little bit of bling.  I have some more cards which I have made, but can't post them yet, as I feel it would take away the surprise for the intended recipient if they stumbled across my blog before they receive the card.
All the best
LouP


No comments:

Post a Comment