Friday 17 May 2013

Happy birthday to a Lego obsessed 6 year old

Here is the latest card to have gone out from my crafting table:



Having looked on line for something to print off to put on the front of the card and been disappointed with what was available I took some inspiration from other cards that people have posted on line.  I borrowed a Lego piece from one of my sons models and did some measuring.  The smallest plain circle die that I have is 1.5cm (from a flower set) so with much scribbling on the backs of old envelopes I scaled up the Lego brick dimensions to fit an A5 card.

As you can see here:


I stamped the die cut circles with a tiny sentiment from the "London" stamps (which reminds me I can now blog the card I made for someone else with those stamps) to echo the logo that is on the Lego bricks, and added the name with alphabet peel offs..  I ink smudged the edges of each circle and brick to match the card to give a bit more depth, and raised the circles on sticky pads.  

I am quite impressed with myself at having managed to create this from scratch. 

Cheers for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment