Wednesday 12 March 2014

Three tiered birthday card for my sister

This was a complicated and time consuming card to make.  Especially as I had to work out how to do it from some pics that I had taken of a similar card at a demo.  The Do-Craft demo lady didn't make it that day but had just brought it along as one of her examples, and it was in heart shapes.


I used my scalloped triangle die to cut three decreasing sized single triangles.  Then the same three sized dies to cut folded cards, with the bottom just over the folded edge to make 3 white triangular base cards.
I scored the front of each base card halfway along.


I decorated each of the single card triangles with Lucy Cromwell papers and topper from the mega pack.  I inked round the edge of each with a co-ordinating colour.  They are then attached to the pointed end of the base card only with some strong double sided tape.


The last piece was attaching a tricky little bow to the front to act as the first "stopper".


The card folds flat for posting if required.  To display simply tuck the point of each triangle behind the fold of the base card in front of it.


It was a slow process working out what to do, but now that I have it will be much quicker in future.  And of course I can use my other die shapes as well.  The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment